MacWizards has teamed up with one of the most experienced battery producers in the world to provide a reliable and inexpensive upgade or second battery for your Macintosh computer. This battery is a Li-Ion 10.8 volt 4400 amp hour battery designed for the all 15" Aluminum PowerBook computers with removable batteries.
With a greater capacity than the original Apple battery, this battery meets or exceeds all Apple specs for the 15" Aluminum PowerBook with a fit and finish that compliments your laptop. Featuring integrated charge level display LEDs and integrated circuitry to report battery level to the MacOS (allowing you to observe battery level from the menu bar in your computer desktop).
Macintosh laptop computer batteries have a lifetime of roughly 500 to 800 recharges. If you use your computer daily, that means you can expect the battery to last about 15 months to two years (although it will experience reduced lifetime before then and you may choose to replace it annually). When your battery starts to go, the usuable capacity of the battery will reduce slowly at first and more rapidly as the battery nears life end.
Per Apple's recommendation, it's a good idea to fully drain and recharge your battery at least once a month (more often is better) for optimal battery life. This also recalibrates your battery to insure that the time per charge estimate provided by the MacOS continues to be reliable.
- Li-Ion Chemistry
- 10.8 volts
- 4400 AmpHours
- Dimensions: 4.74 x 3.29 x 0.75
- Weight: 0.72 lbs
- Warranty: 6 month limited warranty
- Description: Rectangular shaped battery with six slip type contacts on the bottom of one side.
- Apple 15" Aluminum PowerBook (silver in color). Note: the Aluminum PowerBook has a round power port that appears on the side of the computer. If your computer has it's power port in the back of the computer or uses a rectangular magnetic connector for power then it is not a 15" Aluminum PowerBook. Also, the Aluminum PowerBook was offered with three screen sizes (15", 12" and 17"). If your PowerBook display measures 12" or 17" diagonally, then this is not the correct battery for your computer.
If you have one of these other computers, see our product index to locate the right battery for your computer.
- Over the years Apple has used many part numbers for Aluminum PowerBook G4 batteries, including A1078, A1045, A1148. This battery is an appropriate replacement for any of these part numbers.